Click on the icons below to download the guidelines as PDF format.
- BAES Guidelines on Training and Management of Endocrine Disease
- American Thyroid Association Management Guidelines for Adults with Thyroid Nodules and DTC
- 2014 British Thyroid Association guidelines on the management of thyroid cancer
- BTA Guidelines on Thyroid Function Tests
- Paediatric Endocrine Tumour Guidelines
- Optimizing outcomes in reoperative parathyroid surgery: Definitive multidisciplinary joint consensus guidelines of the American Head and Neck Society and the British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
Adrenal Surgery Practice Guidance for the UK 2016
BAETS has worked closely with a multidisciplinary group of clinicians representing all stakeholder organisations involved in the modern management of patients undergoing adrenal surgery. The resulting guidance is commended to all clinicians involved in the care of such patients as it presents an evidence based approach to a complex clinical scenario.
BAETS Post Thyroidectomy Hypocalcaemia Guidelines
Data from the UK Registry of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgery (www.baets.org.uk/audit) shows that post thyroidectomy hypocalcaemia rates can reach 27%.
BAETS recommends that each endocrine / thyroid surgery unit has documented guidelines for the treatment of post thyroid surgery hypocalcaemia and that this document is available to all team members involved in the care of thyroid surgery patients.
To aid this goal BAETS has produced post thyroidectomy hypocalcaemia guidance. This is indicative, not prescriptive, and it is hoped that members can use this document as a starting point for discussions with local medical endocrinology, biochemistry and pharmacy colleagues to produce local post thyroidectomy hypocalcaemia guidelines for their practice.
It is recognised that the numerical definition of hypocalcaemia may vary slightly depending on local laboratory practices and also that some centres prefer to use ionised calcium values. Furthermore, there will be variations in the exact medications supplied by pharmacy departments across the country. Thus we emphasise that the guidance is delivered as an aid to the production of local guidelines.